What is a Duke’s anyway?
Upscale. Casual. With exceptional standards for quality and flavor. That’s Duke’s.
Fun, slantly different (as in “slanted” high balls), and sharing a laugh while enjoying some of Seattle’s best in local chowder, Wild Alaska Salmon, local Washington steamer clams, Wild Pacific Calamari, Alaska Halibut or one of Duke’s favorites Fish and Chips with Wild Cod from the pristine waters of Alaska. Add to that a bar with extensive cocktail, wine and beer lists…
That’s definitely Duke’s.
And, of course, it all begins with Chowder. Duke’s features all natural Chowders including our award winning Clam Chowder, Dungeness Crab & Bourbon Chowder, Lobster Pernod Chowder, Cajun Chicken Chowder and Northwest Seafood Chowder.
Then move on to seven different preparations of Wild Alaska Copper River Salmon. Or treat your palate to Rockfish Macadamia, Stuffed Wild Mexican Prawns or Duke’s Crab “Un”cakes with lots of Dungeness Crab from Washington’s coast.
If you’re looking for a little more turf than surf, there’s always thick, juicy 100% Grass-Fed Burgers. And don’t forget to wash it all down with a Duketail, like, say, the Cucumber Mojito. Trust us, it’s not just another cocktail.
Located in the greater Seattle area for over 35 years, Duke’s delivers the best, the freshest, the truest Puget Sound restaurant experience every single day.
Enjoy a nice view at any of our Award Winning Decks.
- Duke’s Alki outdoor deck was voted #1 in Seattle.
- Duke’s Ruston Way deck was voted friendliest deck in Tacoma.
- Duke’s Lake Union has its seaplanes (and Lake Union).
- Green Lake has the best outdoor lighting in the city.
- Kent Station has the best people watching.
- South Center has the best people watching (call it a tie).
Duke’s – There is a difference
“You can trust Duke’s to bring you the best every day. No one cares about what you care about like we do. Duke’s is determined and dedicated to bring you the best. Some people just talk about it. We live it every day.” Duke
- All Natural Chowders. The only ones in the world. Not one chemical or preservative. No flavor enhancers. No color enhancers. None of our competitors can make that claim. Not one.
- Sustainable seafood from Alaska including the incredibly flavorful Wild Coho from Copper River.
- Hormone free, antibiotic free all natural Grass Fed burgers and steaks from Painted Hills in Oregon.
- Local all natural milk, cream, butter & eggs. Certified no BSt.
- Local available produce.
- All natural chicken from Draper Valley in Lynden, WA.
Featuring Copper River
Copper River, it’s not just the name of a fish that makes a splash once a year, it’s an actual place where the wild things live – moose, bear, eagles, salmon and even the weather. For over 25 years, Duke goes north to Alaska to personally oversee the fishing and processing of what he brings back to serve in each of the six Duke’s locations.
The catch is unpredictable, some years due to weather conditions, there is a great abundance of healthy fish and everyone in the town of Cordova (population 1400) lives like royalty. Other years, the fish might be too small and they just don’t yield the specifications needed for Duke’s. Weather plays a huge role and can often be as ruthless as any fishing show seen on the food channels. As we share this information with you, 2012 is another challenging year and illustrates the rarity of this wild resource. It’s just not easy to get a Coho Salmon from Copper River in your boat.
Regardless, Copper River Coho is Duke’s favorite to serve because of its natural wild flavor and even marbling of oil that grills up perfectly time and again. Duke loves and believes in this fish so much, he loves to eat it for breakfast whenever he can.